The Organizing Committee of Measuring Behavior is inviting bids for hosting the next Measuring Behavior conference. The conference’s tentative dates are 25-27 May 2016 (or possibly the week before). We anticipate the conference will have roughly the same format as previous years (see www.measuringbehavior.org/mb2014/conference-program), but we are also open to new ideas.
As this will be the 10th edition of the conference, we encourage bids from all over Europe.
If you are interested in hosting the conference, please answer the following questions:
1. Conference chair(s)
We anticipate that at least one conference chair will be local host (it is possible that the conference organization will recruit more chairs to cover all relevant disciplines). Please give a brief (ca. 100 word per person) description of who you are and what your research interest is.
2. Supporting staff
Conference chairs are often busy people (Professors). Do you have colleagues who can help with organising the conference?
3. Program content
Traditionally, the Measuring Behavior conferences have hosted a large number of symposia organized by symposia chairs. The symposia are a substantial and essential part of the conference.
- How will you help recruit symposia chairs?
- Are there other research groups in your own region who are likely candidates?
- Do you have any ideas to renew the content of the conference?
- What possibilities are there for social events and scientific tours of facilities in the same city?
4. Meeting venue and conference facilities
What conference facilities do you have to offer? Normally Measuring Behavior has 4-5 parallel sessions, with rooms of capacity of 100 – 250 people, plus an area for 50 – 100 posters and an area for the exhibition. We normally have about 250 to 400 delegates in total.
- What are the costs associated with hiring those facilities?
- Are they available for 25-27 May 2016?
- Is your institution able to contribute towards the costs in any way?
- What are the public transport and hotel facilities near to the conference centre?
5. Other comments
Please explain in one paragraph why your location is especially suitable for Measuring Behavior 2016.
Please return the completed from before 1st December 2014 to Andrew Spink, chair of the scientific program committee (Andrew@measuringbehavior.org).