Whereas the general presentations at the conference deal with new and innovative methods in behavioral research, tutorials focus on teaching existing methods. Tutorials provide a valuable opportunity to instruct participants of Measuring Behavior 2012 in specific methods, techniques and equipment for behavioral research.
Tutorials consist of both theory and demonstrations and they cover a wide range of topics related to methods, techniques and equipment used in behavioral research.
The following tutorials have been accepted for MB2012 (click on a title to get more information):
- Keystroke logging in a Windows environment via Inputlog (Mariëlle Leijten & Luuk van Waes, FWO/University of Antwerp) - Click here to download the Tutorial notes (PDF)
- Gesture coding with the NEUROGES - ELAN system (Hedda Lausberg, German Sport University and Han Sloetjes, Max Planck-Institute for Psycholinguistics) - Click here to download the Tutorial notes (PDF)
- Analyzing Individual and Inter-individual Behavior with Theme: Detection and Analysis of Hidden Temporal Patterns and Experimental Effects (Magnus S. Magnusson, University of Iceland and Pattern Vision)
- Psychophysiology Applications using a wireless and wired BIOPAC MP System (Aleksandar Dimov, BIOPAC)
- Signal-specific automated data analysis and batch processing using scripts (Aleksandar Dimov, BIOPAC)
- How to use Ubisense Real Time Location System (RTLS) in research (Uwe Zylka, Ubisense) - Click here to download the Tutorial notes (PDF)
- Integrated CNS and CV monitoring via telemetry in behavior studies (Thomas Penning, Data Sciences International) - Click here to download the Tutorial notes (PDF)
- The MBRose HM-2: enhancing animal welfare in high-throughput systems (Henrik Johansen, MBRose) - Click here to download the Tutorial notes (PDF)
- The Sequence Analysis Toolkit for advanced analysis of EthoVision XT data (Patrick Zimmerman, Noldus Information Technology) - Click here to download the Tutorial notes (PDF)
- The Observer XT: physiological data integration, selection and analysis (Patrick Zimmerman, Noldus Information Technology)
- The ‘CamTouch’ standard in rodent touchscreen behavioural testing (Greg Prescott, Campden Instruments)
The full conference program is now available:
There are also some changes to the published program.