You are here
Call for Conference Chair
The 8th International Conference on Methods and Techniques in Behavioral research, Measuring Behavior 2012, will take place on 28-31 August 2012 in Utrecht, The Netherlands. The latest edition in Eindhoven (2010) was attended by almost 400 delegates from 34 countries.
The conference chair of a Measuring Behavior conference is a key position for the conference, acting as a figurehead and playing an important role in making the conference a success. As conference chair you should:
- Be a senior figure within your field, including a demonstrable interest in methods and techniques related to the measurement of behavior.
- Be willing to help with organizing various activities such as organizing symposia, inviting keynote speakers, inviting reviewers, reviewing abstracts, etc
- Assist with acquisition of sponsorship
- Participate with specific activities in the scientific program committee and local organizing committee
- Actively promote the conference within your own network and generate support for the conference within the host university and city.
- Actively participate in the conference itself.
- Have a broad interest in human and animal behavior, beyond your own scientific and technical expertise
- Preferably have a strong link with the Utrecht University or UMC Utrecht.
Possibly some of the above tasks could be delegated to colleagues if this is agreed in advance. Because of the multi-disciplinary nature of the conference, two conference chairs can also be a possibility
Your benefits will include:
- The chance to strongly profile yourself and your work as leading in the field
- The chance to expand and develop your network within related fields
- The chance to co-editor a special edition of a journal as a post-conference edition
- Complimentary attendance at all conference events
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact the chair of the scientific program committee, Dr. Andrew Spink via email Andrew@measuringbehavior.org or phone +31 317 473300.
A pdf of this Call for Conference Chair is available for download. [pdf]
Feel free to forward this message to anyone you think might be interested or suitable.