You are here
CALL FOR PAPERS: Special issue in Journal of Integrative Neuvorscience on Methods for Measuring Behavior and Integration - a Neuroscience Perspective
This Special Issue is inspired by the Measuring behavior conference www.measuringbehavior.org which provides a broad and interdisciplinary forum for novel methods to define, measure, and analyze human and animal behavior. We solicit papers that analyze individual behavior along with the patterns, behavior of groups and processes explaining for specific behaviors. We especially focus on integrative approaches of measuring different behavioral parameters with realistic interactive setting.
The aim of this issue is to summarize the emerging trends and common problems across different branches of social and behavioral neuroscience that involve measurements of human and animal behavior with emphasis on the used measurement method, and preferably integrative approach. The papers have to address problems in neurosciences.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Gait analysis in animals and humans
- New animal models for psychiatric and neurological diseases
- Measuring the behavior of laboratory animals
- Combinative monitoring
- New technologies for studying behavior
- Video tracking and automatic behavior recognition
- The home cage as starting point for innovative concepts in behavioral phenotyping
- Measuring behavior using motion capture
- Multimodal analysis of behavior and physiology
- New hardware and software for measuring behavior
- Studying behavior in realistic social environments
- Monitoring emotional behavior in rodents and primates
The papers will be reviewed according to the standards of Journal of Integrative Neuroscience, World Scientific publishing, www.worldscinet.com/jin/. The special issue is open to everybody. In case a similar submission was made for the MB2010 conference, the content of the Special issue paper has to offer at least 30 percent different or additional content.
Submission deadline: 15 February 2011
Notification to authors: 30 April 2011
Camera ready papers: 30 June 2011